Grow Our Own Scholarship
The purpose of the Grow Our Own scholarship program is to assist employees further their education in a nursing or an allied health program that required no longer than two years to complete.
• Tuition reimbursement which includes tuition, books, and any testing expenses required for certification and licensure, including NCLEX review class.
• Flexible scheduling: The full-time employee will work a minimum of 24 hrs/wk and be given an educational stipend equivalent to 8 hrs/wk. Part-time and casual staff employees
will work a minimum of 12 hrs/wk and be given an educational stipend equivalent to 4
• Benefits will be provided based on employment status at the beginning of the program.
UNC Lenoir Health Care helps provide employees with educational assistance to further their education in a health related field or to enhance employees’ status within their current positions.
• Full-time and part-time employees are eligible
• Diploma, certificate, associate, bachelor, or master’s degree programs
RN to BSN Scholarship
The RN to BSN program through UNCW prepares nurses to have an enhanced professional development, broader scope of practice, and have a better understanding of the cultural, political, economic, and social issues that affect patients and influence healthcare delivery.
• Degree completion in as few as 12 months
• 6 start dates each year
• All courses online 24/7 in a modular format
• The scholarship will be able to cover the cost of tuition and books for the nine nursing courses that are required for the BSN
High School / College Student Programs
Local students have several opportunities to discover more about healthcare careers through UNC Lenoir Health Care’s various programs.
• Students can participate in the Volunteers Summer Student Volunteer program after their completing their ninth grade year.
• Summer Health Adventures programs offer high school students the opportunity to learn about the various healthcare careers that community hospitals such as UNC Lenoir Health Care offer. Students identify areas of interest and complete projects at the conclusion of the program.
• On site educational tours are available for STEM group educators as well.